FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY

FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY 24/7 @ www.estherscallprayerministry.org!

NEW BLOG (SAME AUTHOR!) - COME ON OVER

I STOPPED WRITING ON THIS BLOG IN MARCH 2010. IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG CONTENT, PLEASE COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG @ http://awomanatthewell-sarahcox.blogspot.com


Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

About Me

McAlester, Oklahoma, United States

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Time to Believe...

Today in Guam, we are 4 days away from Christmas Day. Every time I turn on the television, I see a movie about Santa Clause. My children have enjoyed watching movies such as Miracle on 34th Street, The Santa Clause 2, and Polar Express. This is a time for all children to join together and believe in something that is not only invisible, but represents goodwill and selfless giving. Most American children probably believe in Santa Clause at one time or another, but give up the belief later in childhood due to a lack of solid evidence for his existence, a careless slip of truth from an older individual, or simply because they lose hope in something as wonderful and whimsical as a jolly man who brings toys to children. Am I saying that children should believe in Santa Clause as children? Not necessarily. It is up to each parent to decide whether to instill in their children a belief in this mythical figure. But there is One who we can teach our children to believe in, a belief which can be built upon with evidence in their own lives, and a belief that will never disappoint or leave them hopeless when they "find out it isn't true."

I remember the year that I stopped believing in Santa Clause. My mother came to me and asked me if I believed still, and I was having doubts, but I told her yes. I believe I was older than other children who still believe, so she figured I had stopped believing that year. The way she asked me and reacted told me that there was no Santa Clause. I didn't need anyone to tell me, but I remember the feeling of emptiness when I realized that there was nothing greater than this physical world to believe in. Not only that, but I had always accepted evidence (presents secretly stashed and presented to me on Christmas morning) as the truth. Truth was shattered that day in my home because I realized that my parents had lied to me all those years. I will still grateful for the presents I received, but the "magic" of it all was gone.

We all believe in something. Some people live in their own abilities and their own strength, depending solely on themselves for survival in this world. Some people believe in gods, myths, withcraft, spells, sorcery, mediums, ghosts, aliens (all of which are invisible and unfounded as truth). Then there are those Christians who believe in God. They believe God is who the Bible says He is, and that He came to save the world from their sinful and corrupted state. They believe the Word of God is inerrant and true, and they live their lives according to what is written in it. They place their belief (faith) in a God that loves them, saves them, and is the giver of ALL good gifts from above. They trust Him for provision, love, mercy and salvation. They love Him as the real God that He is, and they interact with Him through prayer and good works in helping others. In the same way, everyone serves something.

Some serve others, some serve themselves, some desire only to seek pleasure in this life, and some serve ideas that they believe to be true. Some serve Jehovah, the God of Israel. I personally put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and God as the total source of my joy, peace, and pleasure in this life. I trust the promises of God that not only sound good on paper, but when applied to my life, have brought me great peace. I have truly been blessed beyond measure through studying and living the Word of God.

Although my children still believe in Santa Clause, a time will come shortly when I will sit down with them and tell them the truth. There is only One who is worthy of their faith and devotion. I never want them to lose sight of the what is really important - the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He is the Giver of all good gifts. Through His birth, death and resurrection, God gave us the greatest gift of all - His love, and His eternal salvation of our souls. He gave us the right to become part of His family, and to enjoy the benefits of being a child of God. He gave us everything we could ever need or want, and He gives to us more than we imagine or comprehend in the work He does in our daily lives. I only wish that I had believed in Him as a child, much more than believing in Santa Clause (who is only a myth)....and put my faith in the One who is able to make all my hopes and dreams come true...and actively does EVERY DAY...then I may have had a much more peaceful childhood.

However, I am not here to look back on the past in regards to what I DID NOT DO, but I am looking forward to tomorrow with excitement and hope because I DO believe in something very real, and very present in my life, Jesus Christ. I thank God every day that He made that incredible sacrifice for me, and for showing me a new way to live! I praise God for His amazing wisdom, His overwhelming generosity, and His always near Presence in my life. I love God with all my heart, soul and strength. I hope this Christmas season, you will remember the One who gave YOU the ultimate gift of life, should you choose to accept His gift! All you have to do is pray one simple prayer of salvation, and the gift is yours for the taking. You only have to BELIEVE, and act on your belief in asking God to save you! Here is a simple prayer you can pray right now and ask God to be the One you can put your trust and belief in for the rest of your life. You will never be disappointed again.



Sinner's Prayer - Recognizing the NeedThe "Sinner's Prayer" is a term that describes the words spoken by a person when he or she has recognized their sin and their need for a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. It goes something like this:

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

If you decided to repent of your sins and receive Christ today, welcome to God's family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.

--Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
--Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
--Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
--Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
--Find a local church where you can worship God.

If you prayed today, send me a comment, and I would be happy to pray with/for you, and may God bless you mightily in the name of Jesus.

Have a very merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!!!!

Thankful for the gift of LIFE,

Sarah

No comments: