FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY

FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY 24/7 @ www.estherscallprayerministry.org!

NEW BLOG (SAME AUTHOR!) - COME ON OVER

I STOPPED WRITING ON THIS BLOG IN MARCH 2010. IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG CONTENT, PLEASE COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG @ http://awomanatthewell-sarahcox.blogspot.com


Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

About Me

McAlester, Oklahoma, United States

Saturday, September 6, 2008

An Answer to Prayer...

I want to thank you all again for your prayers yesterday (if you prayed). God answered my prayers to give Krischan and I a peaceful, successful completion of the MRI. It went so smoothly, I could have not asked for a better day yesterday! Krischan took the sedative, did not even cry when the nurse inserted the IV, and he fell asleep within a couple of minutes, slept through the whole procedure and afterward for awhile! It truly was all my prayers answered! We will not receive the results for a couple of weeks, as they have to be sent back to the states to be read by a radiologist. I am excited to share the results with you all, as I feel they will be very encouraging that God has healed Krischan!

John 14:14 (NIV)

"Ask for anything in my name, and I will do it."

God certainly did what I asked yesterday, as he continues to do day after day. When I am praying in line with God's will and character, I see answered prayers almost daily. He answered another one of my prayers last night. I had been praying over the situation I went through at the Christian preschool. I have had peace with what happened, and felt the Lord was pleased with my obedience. I had not spoken to my pastor about what happened. Last night, he invited us to dinner with his wife, and we were able to discuss what happened. I thank God for using him to encourage me, and to confirm the timing and accuracy of the word that was spoken. The Lord told me that he had sent people before to complete the same task he gave me. My pastor confirmed this as well.

Once again, the Lord's voice proved to be true, faithful, and trustworthy. Many people seem to be very skeptical when I tell them that I hear God talking to me. They may even think I have a psychological or delusional disorder, or that I have lost my mind. Trust me, when it first started happening, I told a friend that I would normally think I was losing my mind, except everything that he said lined up with the Word of God! Also, one particular verse encouraged me that those who follow Christ CAN, in fact, hear God. This scripture is:

John 10:27 (NIV)

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

Every time the Lord speaks to me, and what he says happens shortly after, my faith grows in Him. He is my Lord who leads me daily through everything I do. I have heard people ask if I am robotic, and ask me "Why did God give us a brain if he doesn't want us to use it?" People are misconstruing their own decisions in life to be intelligent. What is intelligent is following what the Lord tells you because it requires us to use everything that he has created and put inside of us to accomplish the goals for which we were created in the first place. We are not robots, but we do have to surrender in humility and realize that the Ancient of Days, Lord God Almighty knows a thing or two about how to have abundant life. Before we come to Christ, we think we are so smart in figuring everything out ourselves, but that way of life only brings us trouble, pain and heartache. Nothing ever quite works out completely right, but people say "That's just the way life goes." That is a lie. There is a better alternative out there, but it involves admitting that you were wrong (sin) and asking for forgiveness (through accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior) and asking for wise counsel in the rest of your life (by teaching from the Holy Spirit). When we do this, God forgives us for the wrong things we have done and he shows us how to live a life that is full of joy, accomplishment, peace, fulfillment of our truest desires, and complete satisfaction. So, maybe it is time for you to stop struggling through life, and start LIVING in power and victory! I challenge you today to ask God in prayer if he is real. Ask Him to show you if he is real. He will answer that prayer. He is waiting for you to ask the question. Going back to John 14:14, he encourages us to ask anything in His (Jesus) name, and it will be done for us. So, if you are brave enough, ask God to reveal Himself to you today, ask in the name of Jesus, and just see what happens. God bless you and keep you today!

I want to share a wonderful passage of scripture today for those of you who wonder what the Lord does in the lives of believers, it is Psalm 23 (NASB):

"The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

I pray that each and every one of you is securely resting in the protection and peace of the Lord Jesus Christ. I pray that if you do not know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, or if this passage does not resemble your life, that you would reexamine your faith, and be sure that you are indeed resting in Him. If you find that you are not in the peace and joy of Christ, this is a prayer you can pray to accept his sacrifice today, and begin to live a new life with Christ.

2 Corinthians 13:5 (NIV):

"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?"

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

If you prayed this prayer, write me a quick comment and let me know. I will pray for you and with you, and congratulate you on your new life in Christ. I will help you to know what to do next, and to walk in the power given to you by the Holy Spirit. I love each and every one of you very much, and I pray God's blessing and favor upon you today in the name of Jesus.

In His Love,

Sarah

No comments: