FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY

FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY 24/7 @ www.estherscallprayerministry.org!

NEW BLOG (SAME AUTHOR!) - COME ON OVER

I STOPPED WRITING ON THIS BLOG IN MARCH 2010. IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG CONTENT, PLEASE COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG @ http://awomanatthewell-sarahcox.blogspot.com


Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

About Me

McAlester, Oklahoma, United States

Friday, September 5, 2008

Healed or Not?

As a quick post for today, I would like to share that Krischan is going in for his follow-up MRI today. We have spent the last year medicating him for seizures (epilepsy) and he has not had a seizure since November 2007...praise the Lord! After his first MRI last year, we were told that he showed slowed maturation of his brain in the areas that deal with motor development and speech development. He is currently speaking in 2-3 word sentences and has a good vocabulary. He speaks like a child that just turned 2 years old, but he is certainly not behind in motor skills as he is constantly climbing on anything he can! He tries to jump up and down like his big sister, and tries to skip and gallop like a horse. He is very energetic!!! However, today is another step in this journey of finding out whether he is healed from his seizure disorder, and if he will be able to cease taking medication in about 6 months (without another seizure). Please be in prayer today about his appointment, and ask the Lord to reveal the state of his condition. Jeff and I have both prayed over the past year, and believe the Lord has healed him from this, but have been in wisdom to complete his round of medication until further proof is revealed of his healing. Pray for Krischan to have peace, and sleep well for the MRI! Last year was difficult because he was falling asleep from the sedative he was given, and they put a Hep-lock IV into his arm, and he woke up completely. We had already given him the full dose of the meds and he could not go back to sleep for another hour or so! I am praying today that he takes the sedative, gets the IV without much fuss and goes straight to sleep. Might be a long shot, but I am believing that God can help this to happen more successfully than last time! I thank you in advance for all your prayers and thoughts of our little one. He is truly a gift from God, and we are praying for his sake that this whole ordeal will be over very soon!



My verse for encouragement today is Joshua 1:9 (NIV):



"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."



I had been nervous when I found out yesterday that Jeff would not be accompanying me this year to the MRI testing. Because it was a struggle last year, I began to get anxious, but this is what the Lord told me. Jeff will not be with me, but my Lord will be right there with me, and I could not ask for a better companion to come along today!



Thank you God for being with me wherever I go. Please be with each and every reader today, and give them courage and strength to do what you have ordained for them today! I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.



In His Presence,



Sarah

No comments: