FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY

FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY 24/7 @ www.estherscallprayerministry.org!

NEW BLOG (SAME AUTHOR!) - COME ON OVER

I STOPPED WRITING ON THIS BLOG IN MARCH 2010. IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG CONTENT, PLEASE COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG @ http://awomanatthewell-sarahcox.blogspot.com


Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

About Me

McAlester, Oklahoma, United States

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Prisoners of War / Missing in Action

Last night, we attended the 61st Annual Air Force Ball, which celebrates the birthday of the Air Force. It was delightful with traditions and ceremonies, and the food was delicious. It was amazing to see all my girl-friends dressed up in formal gowns, and all their handsome husbands in mess dress uniforms. It was a night right out of a fairy tale. It was my first ball ever, so perhaps it was more magical to me than some other ladies there. Maybe it gets to be "old hat" after awhile, but I am still a newbie. I pulled out my tiara from my wedding day, and went all out with the royalty look. I am going to post pictures soon (when my friend sends them to me...our camera's battery was dead), but I had my hair swept back in an updo with my tiara. Jeff was sharp in his mess dress (tuxedo) uniform, and I was very proud to be on his arm!

One of the most touching moments of the night was the POW/MIA ceremony, in which a table is set for one and men in uniform from every branch march in place around table. There are all sorts of symbolic items on the table from a upside down wine glass (because he can't toast) and a lemon slice (for the bitterness of the situation). I thought about all the men/women who never made it home from combat, and the grief and suffering of their families knowing that they might be suffering or dead. But mostly, it reminded me of HOPE. The MC talked about the great hope that families have that their loved ones will come home. But, I had another thought...

First of all, those men or women who cannot return home will be reunited with their loved ones (trusting they know Jesus as Lord and Savior) in heaven someday. No matter how many years they have been separated, or even if they died while in combat, their loved ones can look forward to a reunion that will never end, if they trust Jesus. You see, there is a spiritual battlefield out there, and a war is currently raging (not over terrorism) but for the souls of God's people. There is a terrible, deceitful, cunning and absolutely ruthless enemy whose goal is to capture and steal the souls of unsuspecting people. He is very good at his military strategy and he often succeeds at taking people POW/MIA. Sometimes, those people die without ever knowing the love, mercy, forgiveness and compassion of a God who really wanted to save them!

I run into people who think God is against them, that He is ruthless and does not care about the lives of people. Scripture reveals a much different God who is fully involved in every minute of our lives, and loves us very much. He sacrificed His own Son so that we would have a way to escape the enemy, and a hell that was never meant for people. You see, Satan knows that he is going to be overtaken by Jesus someday for good, and he is scared. So...his plan is to take as many as he can with him to HELL which was created for him and the angels that revolted against God in heaven. It was not created for humans, but many will end up there. Jesus came to save us from the fiery depths of hell. Does that sound like a God that is full of hate, rage, anger and wrath? He does have righteous wrath, but his decision to pour out his wrath (at the end of time) is only because people have refused to accept the sacrifice He gave for their own salvation. They have chosen their own ticket to hell. God is perfect, in His justice, and He cannot let that which has been corrupted enter His holy presence. So, therefore, through the blood of Jesus being poured over us (spiritually), we are made whole and clean and able to be in God's presence for eternity.

But let me tell you, as the night ended....I was weeping in prayer. I was weeping for a person I knew was not seeing the Light of Jesus, and she was suffering (inwardly and outwardly) from what the enemy has accomplished in her life. He has taken her POW, but the hope is that she is not yet MIA. He can use those of us who know Him to help others. You see, God is preparing a place right now in heaven for those of us who love and follow Him. The other place has already been prepared for those who do not. Like the POW/MIA ceremony, our God's love is displayed in numerous acts of symbolism, such as Jesus' blood being poured out on the cross for our sins. He was pierced in his side, and blood and water ran out of his body. The scripture tells us of what Jesus went through to save us from our sin, and eventually a hell that is inescapable for all eternity:

Psalm 22:14-18 (NIV):

"I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart has turned to wax; it has melted away within me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death. Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and feet. I can count all my bones; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing."

I can already hear those of you saying, how is this about Jesus when it was written in Psalms (in the Old Testament?) It was a psalm of David, but was written by the Holy Spirit's inspiration. As we can see, these things were again recorded in the New Testament when the gospels tell of the crucifixion of Christ. David did not know that Jesus was going to be crucified this way, in such stunning exact detail. David was prophetically speaking in Psalm 22 of the Messiah and Christ to come, whose blood would be poured out for the world's sin. Just to compare, take a look at Luke 19:23-24 (NIV):

"When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom. 'Let's not tear it,' they said to one another. 'Let's decide by lot who will get it.' This happened that the scripture might be fulfilled which said, 'They divided my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.' So this is what the soldiers did."

Then in Luke 19:34-37 (NIV):

"Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing forth a sudden flow of blood and water. The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies that you may also believe. These things happened so that scripture would be fulfilled: 'Not one of his bones will be broken' and as another scripture says 'They will look on the one they have pierced."

Isaiah 53:5 (NIV):

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."

To make a long story short, scripture prophesied the crucifixion of Christ, then those scriptures were fulfilled that we might believe in Jesus as our Savior, and he took the punishment for our wrongdoing (sin). He did all this so that there might not be any POW/MIA people who were overcome by the power of the enemy, and therefore, are condemned to hell for all eternity. He came to give us power over the enemy, and forgiveness for all of our sins. He came to give us eternal life, and let us be in His holy presence forever. All we have to do is pray a simple prayer, confessing Jesus was the Son of God (Savior and Lord), and that God raised Him from the dead, and we will be saved.

Romans 10:9-11 (NKJV):

"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture says 'Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."

I am writing this blog because I, like God, wish for all to come to repentance and that none should perish. I know that God has given me a new life, and that I am going on to be with Him for eternity, but it is not enough unless I preach the good news to others, so they might join me. God has changed every part of my life, and he has given me peace and joy beyond measure. I could not have this life by my own doing...I tried and failed. I simply follow the Lord's commands, and it continues to be full of wonderful experiences day after day. Even in hard times, I still feel peace and joy, knowing that my many sins are forgiven and that I am going to spend an eternity in heaven with my Lord. For God said:

2 Peter 3:9 (NASB)

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."

I pray today, with thanks to God for the wonderful things he has done, that each of you would come to know the love of God through his own Son Jesus. I pray that God would open your hearts and your minds to receive the Word as truth, and that in turn, you would give your life to Him and allow him to save you. I pray that His peace and His Holy Spirit would fall upon you, and that you would understand the vastness of His love for you. I ask God to bless the hearing of His holy Word, and transform lives because of it. It is in Jesus precious name I pray, Amen.

In His glorious salvation,

Sarah

No comments: