FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY

FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY 24/7 @ www.estherscallprayerministry.org!

NEW BLOG (SAME AUTHOR!) - COME ON OVER

I STOPPED WRITING ON THIS BLOG IN MARCH 2010. IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG CONTENT, PLEASE COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG @ http://awomanatthewell-sarahcox.blogspot.com


Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

About Me

McAlester, Oklahoma, United States

Monday, November 10, 2008

President for Change ~OR~ Christ for Truth?

I have spent a part of this morning watching CNN Headline News. I have not been watching news in general as often as I used to. I have watched the election coverage, but much of the news these days is actually glorifying the works of Satan. If you turn on the television in any given day, you will see stories regarding corrupt faith, politics, murders, kidnappings, disasters, lies, and a general lack of peace in the world today. I am not sheltering myself from the world, as I can turn on the TV any day and find out how wicked the world has become. I choose not to subject myself to a constant battering of the enemy which tends to destroy hope, and lead us into discouragement because we want to change the world, but day after day....it remains the same.

Psalm 141:8-10 (NASB):

"For my eyes are toward You, O God, the Lord; In You I take refuge; do not leave me defenseless. Keep me from the jaws of the trap which they have set for me, And from the snares of those who do iniquity. Let the wicked fall into their own nets, While I pass by in safety."

Psalm 34:12-14 (NASB):

"Who is the man who desires life And loves length of days that he may see good? Keep your tongue from evil And your lips from speaking deceit. Depart from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it."

Over the past week, I have talked with many of my sisters in Christ regarding the election of Barack Obama (which most of them voted for), and the current state of the world. I am a strong supporter of hope and change, but I believe that Christ is the center of all hope and change in this world. When Israel was crying out for an earthly king, God gave them one! He was not perfect like Christ, he was simply a sinful, flawed MAN. I believe that, like the Israelites, our nation has come to rely on MEN to give us change and hope. We should be relying on God alone for his perfect peace that surpasses all understanding. When we stop putting our full trust in God alone, and in His commandments, we begin to be deceived by the enemy of our souls. Satan would love for us to believe that a man can make a difference in the state of the world. I have some really bad news for those of you who are hoping for peace and change in this world. The course of history and eternity has already been SET by God. There is nothing we can do to change God's plans for this world and to bring peace to it. I will admit, it was definitely momentus in our history for a half black/half white person to be elected President. You see, I have been hearing a lot about the black/white issue with Obama in the past week, and it just occurred to me today...Obama is 50% black and 50% white. So, if I voted against him because of his race, why would I do that? He is white like me!

Here is the scripture regarding Israel crying out for a king:

1 Samuel 8:4-9 (NASB):

"Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah; and they said to him, 'Behold, you have grown old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint a king for us to judge us like all the nations. But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said 'Give us a king to judge us.' And Samuel prayed to the Lord. The Lord said to Samuel 'Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them.' Like all the deeds they have done since the day I brought them up from Egypt even to this day--in that they have forsaken Me and served other gods--so they are doing to you also. Now listen to their voice; however, you shall solemnly warn them and tell them of the procedure of the king who will reign over them."

You all can find a Bible or www.biblegateway.com, and read the whole chapters of 1 Samuel 7-8 to find out what happened to Israel when they received the king they asked for. They had even been warned of all he would do, and they chose him anyway. Our situation today is not all that unsimilar to theirs. We want CHANGE, so we will take whoever promises this to be our leader, instead of looking to Christ for hope.

As I have reflected over the prayers that I placed before the throne of the Ancient of Days, I realized that although God did not answer my prayers for McCain and Palin to lead this country into repentance, He has reminded me of His answer to my prayer in a different way. He gave me a righteous leader who can lead the hearts of Americans back to repentance and God's favor. His name is Jesus! He is my righteous King!! I cannot wait for the righteous kingdom that He will establish on earth for 1000 years of perfect change and peace, and then an eternity with Him in heaven. But first, everything that rejects His kingdom and righteousness, and position as Lord, Savior and King must be destroyed (Book of Revelation).

Am I a prophet of doom? Some probably see it that way. BUT...this is the unadulterated Word of God. The end of the world is coming...it is inevitable and unstoppable. We can sign as many peace treaties as we want and save as many animals and trees as God allows, but the world is still going to be destroyed. We should be spending our days and efforts trying to save the eternal souls of men, leading them to eternal life in Christ Jesus! The earth will pass away, along with the people in it, but the Word of God remains forever...it cannot be destroyed!

If you are truly looking for change and peace in your life, turn to God...repent, and accept Him as your Savior and Lord! You may not see the change you seek in the world, or lasting peace around you, but your heart will be kept in perfect peace, joy and righteousness in the Holy Spirit. The whole world can crumble around you, you can be treated unfairly, or even cruelly by others...and you will still have PEACE. But before you can have peace, you have to accept TRUTH that comes only from God. There ARE NOT many paths to eternal life....there is only one way...through Jesus Christ! Beware of those in the world who promise change and peace that they alone cannot deliver. This is Satan's platform when he becomes leader of the world, and leads it into final destruction and his own eternal damnation. Use discernment through the Word of God, and put your faith and trust in God alone!

God is my Savior, In You O God, I will put my trust! Thank you Jesus for saving my soul! Lord, I thank you for your great mercies, which are new every morning. I thank you God that although I am weak and lacking, You are whole and my strength! I thank you for your promise that when I am weak, then You are strong! Lord, I continue to pray over my country that you would bring righteousness and truth to the forefront, bringing down all strongholds of deceit and hypocrisy. Lord, have Your way with this country, and work all things together for the good of those who love You and are called according to Your purpose! I pray for wisdom over the remaining governmental authority, and the one to come shortly. I pray that you would shower your wisdom upon Barack Obama, bless his family richly with patience and hope in the name of Jesus. Show them Your truth, and empower them to live righteously from the White House. Lord God, strengthen your people for the coming day of evil, and help us to know Your power within us as a body. Unite those you have chosen to stand for Truth and righteousness, and let us prevail in our communities, our jobs, our families, our schools, our nation and throughout the world! Give is opportunities to share your gospel with all nations, and to lift up the name of Jesus, so that all may see He has come to give us eternal life and salvation! I pray for each reader to have an open heart and open ears to hear Your Word, and to receive it with all hope and joy! Please continue to work in the hearts of those who have not yet accepted you. Please remove any deception from the eyes of those who have called upon your name, but refuse to walk in your commandments. Have mercy upon their souls, and bring them to repentance once again! Let the power of Your Holy Spirit fall upon America, and transform lives of the people therein! I pray and ask these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

Seeking Truth in Jesus Christ,

Sarah

No comments: