FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY

FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY 24/7 @ www.estherscallprayerministry.org!

NEW BLOG (SAME AUTHOR!) - COME ON OVER

I STOPPED WRITING ON THIS BLOG IN MARCH 2010. IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG CONTENT, PLEASE COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG @ http://awomanatthewell-sarahcox.blogspot.com


Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

About Me

McAlester, Oklahoma, United States

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Relying on God's Strength

I feel like it has been forever since I wrote a solid blog, but that is because life has been moving at light speed lately. We are less than one month away from moving to Colorado, and we still have many small details that need to be worked out. We have decided to bring our adopted greyhound with us, which was always the plan, but is proving to create difficulties in our move. Then, Krischan had surgery last Thursday, which went very well. The doctors said his tonsils were HUGE and that you could hit them with a nine iron at 500 yards. He said on the other hand, the anesthesiologist said it was "like threading a needle" to get the tube down K's throat. That is how small the space in his throat had become for doing things like eating, breathing, and talking. We have a new, improved child as of Thursday night - he is more alive and active than ever before, despite the pain of surgery. The other thing is that he is talking, and talking, and talking. I could only think of one word for him right now - FREEDOM. He seems to be revelling in it! So praise God for bringing him through safely, and for giving him a new way to live without so many complications. We were told that his seizures could be possibly tied to the lack of sleep and lack of oxygenation to his brain caused by the enlarged tonsils, so his neurologist thinks that this may help with that problem as well! Isn't God amazing? I also praise and thank all the doctors and nurses who labored over his surgery and recovery. I know God must love doctors because they are so instrumental in carrying out His divine healing.

So, the last few days, we have been running on God's strength. The first day was amazingly easy, but that night, reality set in. Krischan vomited, didn't sleep, seemed miserable and I only got about 1 1/2 hours of sleep. I woke up exhausted ready for day 2. I was praying and asking God just to get me through it....I have been through many sleepless nights before with Krischan....and God has always been faithful to give me energy for the next day. A friend took Mariah the first night to her house, that was a blessing. Then another friend brought me lunch yesterday while Krischan was napping. While another friend took Mariah to school yesterday. God has surrounded me with beautiful women who are willing to serve, love, and just be good friends to me and my family. May God bless them richly!

Right now, in general, with the move and everything else going on....I have become truly exhausted. One morning, I woke up and I was already exhausted (I have struggled with fatigue all my life)...and I began to ask the Lord what to do. I didn't feel like I had the energy to make it through the day. At 7:00 am, I was already thinking about what time of day I could take a nap! And all of a sudden, I had a song in my heart "This Is the Day that the Lord Has Made" and I began to sing to myself around the house. I kept singing all day, and as I did, the fatigue lifted and I had energy. It was absolutely amazing! Something as simple as praising God can lift your entire energy level! The more I sang the song, the better I felt! Here are the lyrics, in case you need a "pick me up"!


"This is the day,
This is the day,
This is the day that the Lord has made,
I will rejoice and be glad in it
I will rejoice and be glad in it,
OOOH this is the day, this is the day
This is the day that the Lord has made

Just keep singing, and rely on the Lord to be your strength. He will lift up your head and put a song in your heart to sing all day!

Here are some encouraging scriptures for today's blog:

Psalm 21:1 (NKJV):

"The king shall have joy in Your strength, O LORD; And in Your salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!"

Matthew 11:28 (NKJV):

"Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Psalm 28:7 (NKJV):

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him."

Isaiah 61:1-3 (NKJV):

"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified."


Today, I ask the Lord to bless you with joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of the spirit of heaviness. I pray that He would replace the ashes in your life for beauty, and that your life would become a planting of the Lord, for His glory. I pray that you would have peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, and that you would sing a song in your heart to Him all day! I pray this over you in Jesus' name, Amen.

The Lord is my Shield and Strength,

Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, Thanks again for the inspiring words. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well will Krischan. I thought alot about him lately. I decided to leave you a message here as i'm not sure whether your computers are back on track already and did not want to risk sending an email which may get lost.
Hope you'll have a great day!
Lotsaluv
Edna