FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY

FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY 24/7 @ www.estherscallprayerministry.org!

NEW BLOG (SAME AUTHOR!) - COME ON OVER

I STOPPED WRITING ON THIS BLOG IN MARCH 2010. IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG CONTENT, PLEASE COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG @ http://awomanatthewell-sarahcox.blogspot.com


Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

About Me

McAlester, Oklahoma, United States

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pampered by God!

I often tell people how much God loves them. They hear the words, but they have this blank stare on their faces...indicating they have no idea that God can show his love in very tangible ways. He answers the questions we have that we ask no one, and he knows our hearts desires better than we know ourselves. I believe I am in a season to receive from God, and learn about His provision and love on a deeper level. Like a lover, he is pampering me with gifts from above, and he is using a variety of ways to surprise me with my own desires! So, I could say, the Lord struck again with another gift. Three days in a row!

I have been telling Jeff for three years straight that I want to attend the Annual Air Force Ball. I want to dress up in a formal gown and be a princess for the night, getting my hair and makeup done and being beautiful! This year, I told Jeff early to keep an ear out for the sale on tickets. He finally asked someone, only to find that they were SOLD OUT! They had only sold a limited number of tickets and we were too late. Besides, we have no money, as you have heard in the past few blogs. So, I quickly resigned to the fact that we would wait until next year. No money for tickets, no money for dress, shoes, hair, makeup, etc. But in the deepest parts of my heart, I still thought about what it would be like to be a beautiful, pampered woman for a night. I want to see my husband's eyes light up when he sees the ordinary turn into extraordinary. I love dressing up for my husband because I feel like he is so proud to have me as his wife.

Well, I got a call yesterday afternoon from my husband, and there was excitement in his voice. He said I was going to be very happy. Somehow, he had gotten tickets at the last moment. He asked if we could afford to go. I told him, "Not really," but something inside of me told me to just say "Yes, we will go." So we got the tickets, and to our great benefit, some very nice person paid for them to hold them for us. My husband got home last night, and I began dreaming about what dress I might wear, but I decided to just pray and ask God if he could get me a dress somehow.

At about 7 pm last night, Jeff asked if I wanted to go the BX. I said "Ok," and we were going to shop the mall and see if I could find a dress very reasonably priced to hold until payday. While at the BX, I ran into a friend whom I told about going to the ball. She offered for me to come by and see her dresses and wear one! Another friend was there as well, and said she would bring her dresses also, so I would have more to choose from. She also volunteered to fix my hair and put on my makeup for me! So, God got me the tickets, got me a dress, got me hair and makeup, and now all I need is some shoes! He will probably provide those too! And so far, I have not spent a dime. My husband wants a mess dress uniform, but I am believing God can help with that as well. I believe He is doing all this because he wants me to know how much He loves me, and that I am his beloved daughter. He is giving me the desires of my heart without putting a hole in our bank account.

You see, God is not just sitting in heaven full of wrath and anger, as some perceive. And He is not just some ominous being that is controlling the whole world, but has no personal interest in you or me. He is a loving, personal, tender, merciful, awesome God....he is my friend, my God and my Savior. He crowns me with His joy and his glory, and He makes me beautiful by His Spirit inside of me. Praise Him for everything I still do not understand about Him, but will come to know from now until eternity. I thank Him for loving me more than any human ever could, and for showing me daily how he longs to be with me. I love you Lord!

I thank God today that I am not the only one who can experience His love. His great love is big enough, for you, for me and for everyone on this earth. He longs to be with you, to know you, and to give you life everlasting. Trust in Him today and allow him to give you the desires of your own heart. Allow Him to show you who He is, and how he wants to be the Lord of your life today. I pray God that these readers would come to know you the way I have, the way You are described throughout the pages of scripture. I pray that they would know how much you love each and every one of them, and that they would submit their lives to you. I pray all these things, giving You honor and glory, in Jesus name. Amen.

The object of His affection,

Sarah

No comments: