FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY

FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY 24/7 @ www.estherscallprayerministry.org!

NEW BLOG (SAME AUTHOR!) - COME ON OVER

I STOPPED WRITING ON THIS BLOG IN MARCH 2010. IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG CONTENT, PLEASE COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG @ http://awomanatthewell-sarahcox.blogspot.com


Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

About Me

McAlester, Oklahoma, United States

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Commit Your Way To the Lord...

Psalm 37:4-6 (NKJV)



"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday."

This was the scripture that God placed on my heart this morning. I am in a season of waiting upon the Lord, and trusting Him to work out the details of my life. I still have opportunities to minister, and I am attending Bible studies, and going to church...but everything seems to be very still. I will openly confess that I need the Lord's help in the area of patience. That is one part of the fruit of the Spirit where I have not yet matured very much! The only thing the Lord seems to tell me is....WAIT, BE STILL, TRUST ME...and then His voice falls silent again. I have been slowly maturing lately in my ability to be still and wait upon the Lord. In fact, there have been times when I have wondered if I have wandered off track. I am an active, doer type person. I love to be in the middle of the action, and being going a hundred miles an hour. Being still is difficult for me, and always has been. But I know, in my heart, that this time of waiting could not come at a better time in our lives. We will be moving off the island of Guam in seven months, and it is not the time to start anything new. We are waiting upon orders, retraining information for my husband, waiting to have another child, and waiting to know what church the Lord will place us in, and what he has for us NEXT. My husband is also learning about patience this season, and has learned how NOT to become frustrated when things seem to be stalling. There is no such thing as stalling in God's plan, it is all perfectly designed....we just have trouble when we do not know what is going on! As said before, I have been struggling with laziness, apathy, discouragement, and anxiety. Knowing that I cannot start anything new makes me not want to do anything! But as the scripture stated, this is the time to "delight yourself in the Lord."

I have realized over the past few months that I had become so busy, I had not spent as much time in prayer with the Lord. I was encouraged by my pastor to just "sit and listen to what the Lord is saying." He encouraged me, along with others, to be still. The Lord showed me through scripture that I had become too busy, and forgotten my first love in Him. He told me to return to the things which I did at first. I am still getting there....but really the answer is simple. The answer is to be still, delight myself in Him, and commit my way to the Lord. If I do these things, He will give me the desires of my heart, and He will bring forth my righteousness (in Him) as the light, and my justice. Long story short, He is going to bring the revelation of His plan in His time, not mine. He will show us where to go, what we will do there, and every step along the way if we just delight ourselves in Him and trust Him.

The Lord revealed to me that I have been hanging on to anxiety for so long, it felt like a normal part of me. I was probably a bit afraid for Him to take it away, because it means I have to learn to be still. But like a Band-Aid, the Lord has ripped it away from me. Even if it seems painful, He is forcing me to wait and become more patient. He is sanctifying me.

We often get so attached to the sin in our lives that we do not even realize it exists. I believe this is a tactic of the enemy to keep us from growing in our walk with Christ. The enemy hides our sin, and makes us believe that it is just "part of who we are." Christ wants to cut away those sinful areas of your life, so you can experience a fuller, more abundant life. The deception of the enemy keeps us bound. Please take a moment to pray this scripture and ask God is there is any sinful way in you that He can take away! Simply pray to God and repeat this scripture TO Him, and watch how he will answer you!

Psalm 139:23-24 (NKJV)

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Lord,

I thank you Lord that you know me better than I know myself. You know my lying down and my rising up (Psalm 139) and you see everything I do, everywhere I go, and every time I sin against you. I thank you that you forgive me when I confess my sins to you. I thank you for your awesome presence, even when I cannot physically feel you, your Word promises that you are with me always. I thank you for working in the lives of each one of these readers, and for opening their hearts and ears to the hearing of your Word. Please bless them with faith upon hearing your Word, and I pray that they might receive salvation through grace by this faith in You. I pray that you would bless them with peace and understanding, and a greater knowledge of You and your Word. I pray that you would keep them in health and safety, and encourage them to commit their own ways to You, so you might make their righteousness as the light. I pray that you bring them justice in their daily lives and vindication with their enemies. I pray You would give them Your heart, and Your mind, and bless them with security in their salvation. I love you Lord, and I praise you with all my heart! I pray in the beautiful name of Jesus, Amen.

Walking in His Ways,

Sarah

No comments: