FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY

FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY 24/7 @ www.estherscallprayerministry.org!

NEW BLOG (SAME AUTHOR!) - COME ON OVER

I STOPPED WRITING ON THIS BLOG IN MARCH 2010. IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG CONTENT, PLEASE COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG @ http://awomanatthewell-sarahcox.blogspot.com


Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

About Me

McAlester, Oklahoma, United States

Friday, October 17, 2008

God Speaks and Confirms His Will

My faithful readers, I am so happy to be sharing some exciting news with you this morning. The exciting news is that God is moving again in my life, and the waiting season is coming to an end! Praise the Lord, waiting is so hard to do! A few days ago, my husband was presented with the task of taking a deployment to Iraq....again. This deployment came out of nowhere for him because he was set to deploy in January, but the military requires that you have enough time left in your tour to cover the deployment without extending. This requires for him to extend his term in the military and our assignment to Guam for just a couple of months. Since there are rules that would allow him to opt out of this assignment, we had to ask God what would be the right decision. However, following God can include assembling a variety of small puzzle pieces that God gives one at a time to get the larger picture of where you are headed. I have been hearing recently that I would be returning to my hometown to minister to those who knew me before I met Christ. God even showed me a church that He wants us to attend. Meanwhile, I have been praying for us to be debt-free, and pleading with God to help us financially to achieve this goal once and for all. I have been praying to be closer to my family, both spiritually and eventually physically, and I have always wanted my children to know where I grew up. I had recieved prophetic words from others that were leading in the direction of returning to my hometown in Colorado and being with my family, while ministering to those in the community. All this was being spoken while the Lord was saying "WAIT." My husband was having trouble with his retraining process, and it was seeming to stall.



And then, all of a sudden, the heavens opened up and God started to show us what was next. My husband would take this deployment (which would help us financially) and we can file for early return of dependents (meaning we leave Guam early) and we can return to my hometown for 6-8 months to do exactly what God had shown us. I can be with my family, join the church He showed me, and minister in the community where I came from. My husband will have time alone with God to grow spiritually, and even though there is danger where he is headed, I know the Lord will send His angels to protect him. He has great plans for my husband, and they do not end in Iraq. So...I believe the wait will definitely be worth what God has planned. Will I miss my husband? YES. Will it be difficult? YES. Will it be full of joy in doing God's work? YES, YES, YES! You see, in any major decision, God will provide ample confirmation of the right decision to be made. We are told to humble ourselves before the Lord, seek His face, and He will guide us in a straight path.



Right now, my husband says, "This is not a for sure thing..." If it was ordained by God, it will happen. Period. The details will be worked out by Him alone. We have trusted the Lord, and He is moving us in the direction He has for us. I am overjoyed that I have delighted myself in the Lord, and He is giving me the desires of my heart. Isn't that what His Word says? He is proving Himself once again. Many people don't realize that all of our days are ordained for us before we are even conceived. We have the free will to choose to accept Christ and His ways, but that does not mean that He does not already know the choice we are going to make. Did He make the choice for us, as in predestination to hell, NO. The Word says that is God's will that all come to repentance and be saved. But He is omnisicient (all-knowing) and knows which decisions we are going to make before we make them. That is one reason why prophecy, word of knowledge, and word of wisdom are still very much real in the church today. God is able to speak through His Holy Spirit in a member of the body of Christ with these giftings to encourage someone about the coming events of their own lives. Is this fortune-telling or divination, NO, but it can be if it is done by the wrong spirit or does not line up with God's Word. Every word spoken by a prophet should be tested against the Word of God, and the spirit which is speaking should be discerned by the hearers of the prophecy. If it lines up with God's Word and is spoken by the Spirit of God, we can expect in faith that it will be fulfilled.



This is one reason it is very disheartening that so many people believe the gift of prophecy has ceased in the church today. They say the Word of God is complete revelation and nothing more is needed, yet they go against God's own scriptures to make this claim. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He spoke by His Spirit through prophecy in the Old Testament, He spoke through Jesus in the New Testament, and the apostles, and He is still speaking to those in the church today who are willing to humble themselves and listen. And even after one has received a word from God, it will continue to be confirmed day after day by ongoing events in that person's life. It will edify the body, and grow the faith of that person, and those around him/her given that he/she gives ample testimony to God's work. The Lord has granted me the gift of prophecy, and if you would like to be prophesied over by a member of the body of Christ with this gifting (or myself) please go to this website and request a personal prophecy. All the prophets on this site have been checked in their gifting and are working to serve you for FREE. If you would like a prophecy from myself, please make a note in your request, and Matthew Payne (the founder and leader) will forward the request to me. It seems roundabout, but I feel that it is correct in God's eyes to route it through the site.



Here is the address:



http://www.personal-prophecy-free.net/





Here are some scriptures to think about for today's message:



Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV):



"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."



Amos 3:7 (NKJV):



"Surely the Lord God does nothing, Unless He reveals His Secret to His servants the prophets."



1 Corinthians 14:1 (NKJV):



"Pursue love and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy."



Hebrews 13:8 (NKJV):



"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."



John 16:13 (NKJV):



"However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever he hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come."



1 John 4:1 (NKJV):



"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world."



Joel 2:28-29 (NKJV):



"And it shall come to pass afterward, That I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh: Your sons and daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions. And also on My menservants and My maidservants I will pour out my Spirit in those days."



Jeremiah 1:4-6 (NKJV):



"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."



Psalm 37:23 (NKJV):



"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, And He delights in His way."



Psalm 139:13-16 (NKJV):



"For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in the secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them."



Trust in the Lord, delight yourself in Him, and He will order your steps.



Lord,



I thank you today for the peace that comes from Your Word. I know that You have ordered our coming steps, and have been with us in our prior steps as well. I know that you have a plan for us that you are currently carrying out. I thank you for the work you are doing in our lives, and ask that you give my family peace as we get ready to move again. Work out the details for us. We know we can just relax and rest in You, and You will be faithful to complete what You have started in us. I pray for each reader today that they too would ask for their steps to be ordered by You. Give each one PEACE above all else, and show them how to let you be Lord of their life. Even when things are not easily understood about your plan, we can trust that You have it all right! Help those who are struggling with anxiety in their lives that comes from not knowing the path ahead of them, and not trusting in You. Please forgive them, for they know not what they do. Have mercy upon them, and show them the way everlasting! I pray this in the precious and glorious name of Christ, Amen.

In His Peace,

Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please Lord, bring many to Sarah's site, your site, that they may find life, abundant life! I love the blog, today was the first time I actually went on the site. Love its setup, the songs, just all of it, may just what your readers need to hear be said, may hearts be soft to receive, even if it is challenging! The truth can hurt, at first, but if applied, it heals! "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12 May His riches of blessings be on you, Sarah and flow onto all who know you firsthand and for those blessed to be directed to your blogs. May all test against God's word and be sharpened by you! Peace to you always,
Julie :o)