FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY

FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY 24/7 @ www.estherscallprayerministry.org!

NEW BLOG (SAME AUTHOR!) - COME ON OVER

I STOPPED WRITING ON THIS BLOG IN MARCH 2010. IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG CONTENT, PLEASE COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG @ http://awomanatthewell-sarahcox.blogspot.com


Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

About Me

McAlester, Oklahoma, United States

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Trusting in God's Deliverance

Becoming a Christian did not guarantee me an easy life without trials or tribulations. Many people get the wrong idea about what it means to be a follower of Christ. Some Christians even mislead people to think that becoming a Christian means you will never be sick, or you will become rich, or that life will just go smoothly. In fact, God told us the opposite would happen the closer we got to Christ, and the bolder we become about preaching God's Word to the world.

John 15:18 - "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." Jesus goes on to say...

"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit whom he has given us." (Romans 5:3-5)

Every day, we face new challenges and hardships. Sometimes, it can a coworker who doesn't like us, or an illness we are going through, or a financial difficulty, or a suffering relationship with someone we love. In life, there are twists and turns from our perspective, but nothing happens without God knowing about it first. And God always prepares a way to deliver those who love Him out of these troublesome times.

Psalm 34:18-20 - "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken."

So, although hard times come upon believers in Christ, the Lord promises to deliver us from them all before our bones are crushed. He will continue to deliver us until we are with him in heaven. We can trust in God to bring us comfort and peace in times of trouble.

In the past year, my family has been through troubles with marriage, children, work, and illness. This past year, my son was diagnosed with epilepsy. My husband and I have trusted the Lord to heal my son, and deliver us through countless sleepless nights. We have prayed and the Lord has always been faithful to give us comfort. My son has not had a seizure since November 2007 and we are believing he is healed in the name of Jesus. I have been ill this past year numerous times, but I have always been full of the peace of God through my circumstances, and I keep praising him for his goodness and his deliverance. My son is due to have an MRI this month for his epilepsy. The last one showed white matter in his brain that suggested slow development of his speech and motor skills. He is right on par, and possibly more advanced than his classmates his age, so praise the Lord for bringing him through it!

Daily...life can become a struggle. I challenge you to put your faith and trust in God and see if he won't deliver you through every circumstance! I love you all, and I pray God's peace and blessings upon you in the name of Jesus.

In the peace of Christ,

Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that our lives are not easy so we can rely on our savior Jesus for all things. And by doing that we are an example for others and that they may see the light. God gives us a peace that passes all understanding. May God bless you Sarah, I enjoy reading your blog very much. Brian Thomas

Sarah said...

Thank you Brian for your comment on my blog. I enjoy discussion, comments, and feedback regarding the content of this blog. I believe that God would like to shed some light on his scriptures and allow people to apply Truth to their lives in a practical way! Thank you for reading and your continued support! May God bless you as well in Jesus name!

Sarah