FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY

FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY 24/7 @ www.estherscallprayerministry.org!

NEW BLOG (SAME AUTHOR!) - COME ON OVER

I STOPPED WRITING ON THIS BLOG IN MARCH 2010. IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG CONTENT, PLEASE COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG @ http://awomanatthewell-sarahcox.blogspot.com


Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

About Me

McAlester, Oklahoma, United States

Friday, August 8, 2008

Jesus is the Light in the Darkness

John 8:12

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

A few minutes ago, I had another one of those amazing, but simple revelations about God's Word. I realized that the relationship between light and dark can be compared to something that "glows in the dark." I remember as a child (maybe as an adult) getting something that said it glowed in the dark. If you have ever had anything like this, you know that the only way to charge it is to hold it up to a bright light source. As a kid, I would spend several minutes in front of a lamp holding my glow in the dark stars up to it, so they would glow extra bright in the dark. My relationship with Christ is the same way. Jesus said that he was the light of the world. We have to be exposed to a lot of the light to become very bright in a very DARK world. The ways to hold yourself up to the bright light source of Jesus are to read your Bible, study it, meditate on the wisdom found in it, pray, seek to know God personally, and get as close to Jesus (the light) as you can. The closer you get, the more brightly you will shine in this dark and sinful world. You will glow in the dark! Just one more reason to seek out Jesus as our Savior, and continue to grow in our relationship with him. I don't know about you, but I don't want to blend in with this world. I would rather shine brightly with the love of Jesus than to fade into the darkness with the others. I pray that this revelation of God's Word blesses your heart and makes you think about God in a new way! I praise God for his amazing knowledge of everything. I am humbled that he occasionally shares with mere mortals such as myself! It is truly awe-inspiring. Every day there are new revelations of who God is and how much he loves every person!

Proverbs 2:1-6 -

"My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as silver and search for it as a hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God."

God bless you mightily today in the name of Jesus!

One more thing...God says:

Romans 10:17 - "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

So listen to what God is saying to you through his Holy Word, and he will surely bless you with faith.

In Christ alone,

Sarah

No comments: