FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY

FREE PRAYER & PROPHECY 24/7 @ www.estherscallprayerministry.org!

NEW BLOG (SAME AUTHOR!) - COME ON OVER

I STOPPED WRITING ON THIS BLOG IN MARCH 2010. IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG CONTENT, PLEASE COME VISIT MY NEW BLOG @ http://awomanatthewell-sarahcox.blogspot.com


Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

About Me

McAlester, Oklahoma, United States

Monday, August 4, 2008

God's Present Help in Time of Trouble

I woke up late this morning, as I forgot to set my alarm and I was fortunate to be out of bed before time to go to work. I had 20-25 minutes to get myself and my son, Krischan, ready to go to school/work at the Christian preschool where I teach. Needless to say, it was hectic. As I got into work, I received an unfriendly comment about my being 5 minutes late, and that started my day on the wrong foot. I knew I was wrong to have been late, but it seemed as though there was no grace or compassion for those 5 minutes, after a really stressful morning. Oh well, people say, that is just the way the world works. I would have to agree. The world expects perfection, but hardly delivers anything close to it! People expect others to be perfect and to fit their own mold of what kind of person you should be. The beauty of God is that he is the compassion, grace and mercy we need when others are not willing to extend these things to us. The Bible calls Jesus "The Prince of Peace" and surely he is when we are struggling. Today, the scripture that spoke to me as I was reading my Bible is Psalm 25:16-21:

"Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish. Look on my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins. See how numerous are my enemies and how fiercely they hate me! Guard my life and rescue me; do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, Lord, is in you." (TNIV)

Sometimes, we can think the whole world is against us. It can feel as though everyone you turn, there is an enemy ready to point out your many faults and show you how disgraceful you really are. Much of my life, I have felt as though I was strange, different, less than worthy....even worthless at times. But, I found strength, hope, joy and PEACE in the comfort of God's Word. I know that he loves me just the way I am, and even when the whole world is staring me in the face, I know that my father in heaven is looking down on me with great love, compassion and mercy. He doesn't give me what I deserve, praise the Lord, he gives me what he does because he is "slow to anger, abounding in love." So, today, in the midst of my troubles, I will give thanks to the Lord, for he is good and his mercy endureth forever (Psalm 118:1).

I pray that this blog finds you today, whether you be feeling as though the world is closing in on you, or you are full of the joy of God's grace....may it bless you today and always in Jesus' name.


In the spirit of Christ's compassion and mercy, know that today I love you,

Sarah

No comments: